Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

What's the thing with the mysterious additional cap?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Snus FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nauris

Local time: 9:38 AM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: What's the thing with the mysterious additional cap?

I really start to feel a little short-witted 'cause I don't get why some Snus cans have got an additional cap on the lid. There's nothing you can actually put in there, I sometimes use this additional space when I have to take a portion out of my mouth for some precipitate reason, don't want to waste it and store it in there to continue enjoying it at a later point. But hey, come on, THAT can surely not be the profane meaning behind this enigma! Wink
deuratte

Local time: 8:38 AM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject:

Actually that is what it's for, a space to put used snus until they can be properly disposed.
Nauris

Local time: 9:38 AM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Very Happy
sockwars

Local time: 10:38 AM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject:

I love that little cap. I seem to fiddle with them a lot when I have a pot in my hand, the click feels so good Shocked

StarWing

Local time: 3:38 AM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the thing with the mysterious additional cap?

Nauris wrote:
I really start to feel a little short-witted 'cause I don't get why some Snus cans have got an additional cap on the lid. There's nothing you can actually put in there, I sometimes use this additional space when I have to take a portion out of my mouth for some precipitate reason, don't want to waste it and store it in there to continue enjoying it at a later point. But hey, come on, THAT can surely not be the profane meaning behind this enigma! Wink

They call it an ashtray - like that for cigarettes, you can use it for disposal and/or ducking.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Haha - I remember wondering the same thing. I thought it might be for spare change Smile

I wonder if you live in the country and not the city, Nauris. I shouldn't think someone who lives in the country would ever have a need for the 'ashtray', as it doesn't seem much of a crime to discard a bit of tobacco on the ground (are the tea bags biodegradable?) In a crowded urban area it really comes in handy.

In a movie theatre or on an airplane you realize it was an inspired act of genius.

Happy snusing!
kb3edk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject:

CeilingCrash wrote:
I shouldn't think someone who lives in the country would ever have a need for the 'ashtray', as it doesn't seem much of a crime to discard a bit of tobacco on the ground (are the tea bags biodegradable?) In a crowded urban area it really comes in handy.

I too wondered what the 2nd cap was for until I went to Stockholm this summer and saw used snus portions on the ground just like cigarette butts here in the states!

Some of the 2nd caps are very stylish, I especially like the ones on Gallaher Strong Cut and General Onyx. A little "bling" to go with my new habit Smile