Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

Catch vs Catch Dry

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Swedish Match
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sockwars

Local time: 12:00 AM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Catch vs Catch Dry

I have only tried Catch Dry and I am wondering if there is a major difference between the two "drynesses".

I have read that there is twice as much water in the non-Dry snus, but how does that affect it?

I can't find any regular Catch here in South Africa but there is General. Maybe I should get some and test the difference... but please, enlighten me! Smile

carotevi

Local time: 10:00 PM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:50 pm    Post subject:

I use regular pouch Catch eucalyptus and I have used the dry version also. For me the large pouch (not the dry) is a lot better tasting.

I live in a hot climate that has not traditionally sold Swedish Snus and I think you may also. I think Swedish match promotes the "dry" to us for a few reasons. One is the dry version seems to store better in a hot climate. Two, smokers tend to be more willing to use the smaller pouches because they can conceal them easier and plus "non dip" users like the sweater taste of the dry versions.

That's just my thoughts.
Craig de Tering

Local time: 12:00 AM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject:

I'm under the impression that the 'dry' ones are like other brands' 'white' ones. Meaning they don't get that runny.

Some pouches can get too runny for folks and swallowing the saliva is kinda burning in the throat.