Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

Kardus

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Snus Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Petersven

Local time: 10:25 AM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Kardus

Packaging was beautiful. The can came in a white plastic box with a small book inside detailing the production of this snus (in Swedish Of course). The snus can itself is moulded plastic with the logo printed on a raised part of the lid. I am a little concerned with the lid being able to seal well enough to keep air out. As I live in a warm climate with summer fast approaching this may be an issue. I also wonder why you only get 40 grams in a can and not the standard 50 – perhaps a more for less marketing idea. The cans I will wash out and keep - they are too nice to throw away and could be very useful around the house.

On opening the can the snus itself looks very different from the snus I am used to. It seems to be slightly drier and water does not appear when you press your finger on the snus but it is still very moist. This snus is very dark in fact I would call it black. It is much grainier than even Grovsnus the coarsest snus I know of.

The snus has a very pleasant smell to it unlike some snus which can be off putting to non users this one would be more likely to attract users. Once again I would use words like soft and gentle to describe it.

Flavour of this snus is very gentle and light. It feels like it has been made form a milder tobacco leaf. As someone used to Grovsnus there was not as much of a kick as I expected. It was a bit harder to make a slug to my liking than with Grovsnus but formed very well. It is very obvious as to the difference between cut Kardus and ground Grovsnus tobacco. The juice does not have a bad taste and is very mild.

While it has a nice flavour a little smoky and slightly fruity but the flavour is soft and gentle. As I tend to be used to more forward flavours it tasted a bit weak to me. I think this snus has achieved what it had set out to do; one can notice the difference between ground and cut snus flavours.

On tasting Kardus I would not purchase the limited edition release as I do not feel that this is worth that much extra. I will buy regulars edition again, maybe a can or two here or there. As a normal change from Grovsnus I usually have Goteborg Prima but I will have to keep a can of Kardus as well.

I would certainly recommend anyone give it a go. You will probably like it allot but keep in mind it is very different. But order the cheap can before taking the plunge and investing in the Limited Edition.
kb3edk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:37 pm    Post subject:

Generally I prefer the portion packed snus because it is convenient and discreet, but I have tried Kardus at home and it is my favorite "lossnus" so far (the others being Tiedeman Blå and Goteborg Rapé)

The snus is cut in larger pieces than those other two brands and reminds me of American smokeless tobacco such as Copenhagen or Skoal. It tastes better than any other "straight" unflavored snus I've had, it's a very clean taste with no unpleasant aspects.

Definitely recommended!
CeilingCrash

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject:

I've got to recommend this snus; it is the only one i've found that is cut in a manner similar to american long cut dip, rather than being ground. Their literature says tobacco is like garlic, that crushed is better than ground. It is much easier to keep in place, i imagine it would be great for a newbie.

The flavor is mild and has a hint of citrus. It seems to pack quite a nicotine punch.

My one negative remark is the salt can be overwhelming. So for me it's more of a 'dessert' snus, which goes well with coffee, beer, or other bitter beverages. When you're in the mood for it, nothing else will do.
moisty

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject:

I was feeling a little (lot) frivolous and ordered a can (jar?) of the 2006 'superior' blend Kardus, now I have not opened or sampled the snus as I have a stinking headcold and that would seem a waste since I wouldn't be able to taste it. I can't even taste Skruf Stark today. Seriously!

Now there is one thing that I am VERY unhappy about, after paying nearly $45 for a 100g box of snus they have the nerve to re-use the leftover 2004 boxes. That's right, my megabux 2006 Kardus blend has 2004 plastered all over the dam box!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad