Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

Eating and drinking with Snus

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Snus FAQ
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sockwars

Local time: 9:49 PM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Eating and drinking with Snus

Should/would/can/do you eat and/or drink when you are using snus? I guess portion is easier to use simultaneously....

I read about a Finnish guys who had problems (or died, I can't remember) because he swallowed too much snus 'juice', which is harmful for you if digested. Any opinions/views?

carotevi

Local time: 7:49 PM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject:

I am 46 years old and use snus when i eat, drink, have sex, sometimes sleep, work, play, run, walk.... well you get the idea Wink and I am not dead yet!

Let me add this.... I am not saying everyone should or that I am proud of it... just that I do Shocked
Toren

Local time: 11:49 AM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject:

I don't have any trouble drinking with loose snus in place, but eating can be a problem. The excess saliva from eating tends to make the snus get too wet and hard to keep in place. So generally when I eat I don't use snus. But it's nice to use some after a good meal and relax with a coffee!
Craig de Tering

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject:

I can drink with snus but I try to keep my mouth semi open so as not to get my snus wet. Sometimes this results in a bit of my drink to run along my face though.
Somehow seems to work much better when I've had a couple of beers Wink
sockwars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject:

Yeh, my drinking + snus technique is yet to be refined to a normal standard of drinking etiquette! I think I prefer just doing it on it's own, I hate the taste of the 'juice'... I can always take it out and put it back in again (although not to the original effect) if I need to eat/drink.

lofat

Local time: 11:49 AM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject:

I can and do drink with snus, portions or loose. I will not even attempt to eat with it... of course I would never smoke while I ate either. I like tobacco before, after, and in between meals.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject:

I can drink with snus just fine, just tighten your lip around it so it doesn't get soaked and disintigrate, but I don't know about eating.
tobebryant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject:

Drinking is okay, but drink and being drunken not. If I am too drunken I cant hold it anymore, so that I start swallowing, although I dont really recognize it. That can have a bad end.. lol Laughing

Pay attention with alc, lol,

cheers,
Tobi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:15 am    Post subject:

I have no problems with drinking or eating while having snus in my mouth. I do it occasionally. But I love to use snus after eating. It gives me more pleasure when I just ate! It have a relaxing effect, so if you're chillin' with a movie or just relaxing. Using snus after eating, priceless!

-MortenGj
sockwars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject:

i ate for the first time with snus. it was only chocolate and it went down ok. i will still not use snus while eat a meal, its not worth the hassle i think. i love my food, and snus, but i enjoy them seperately.

phetish

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:31 am    Post subject:

i think the combination of snus and different drinks is a blast to try.

personally, a Mocca Mandarin and a Rum and Coke are excellent together. I think the Catch Dry Eucalyptus and Mountain Dew make a great combination.

tobacco and alcohol... 2 great tastes that taste great together!

derek
bought but untasted: Mocca Mint, Catch Dry Licorice/Cassis Menthol, Metropol Lakritsrot, Revel
carotevi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:56 am    Post subject:

phetish wrote:
i think the combination of snus and different drinks is a blast to try.

personally, a Mocca Mandarin and a Rum and Coke are excellent together. I think the Catch Dry Eucalyptus and Mountain Dew make a great combination.

derek

Funny you say that.... I love coffee and Catch Eucalyptus large portion...
StarWing

Local time: 2:49 PM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Eating and drinking with Snus

sockwars wrote:
Should/would/can/do you eat and/or drink when you are using snus? I guess portion is easier to use simultaneously....

I generally use a straw to drink out of when I am snusing and drinking at the same time - that way I can pass the snus when I stick the straw far enough in my mouth.

Like others here, I love Snus after a meal - especially after lunch or dinner - Ettan White Pouches are my fave after a meal.

One time I forgot about a mini-pouch Goteborg Rape was in my mouth, and begin eating a hot dog - the Snus pouch got chewed up and I thought I just hit all the peppers and spices in the world. Surprised

sockwars also wrote:
I read about a Finnish guys who had problems (or died, I can't remember) because he swallowed too much snus 'juice', which is harmful for you if digested. Any opinions/views?

According to Dr. Brad Rodu (which has studies Snus extensively and even in Sweden), the worst health hazard when swallowing the juices can be an upset stomach; but the stomach adjusts.

Just do a google search for "Brad Rodu" if you want to learn alot about the ill effects of smoking (cigarettes or whatever) and that Snus is 98% less hazardous than smoking. He has a web site at:

http://www.smokersonly.org

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:23 pm    Post subject:

MortenGj wrote:
But I love to use snus after eating. It gives me more pleasure when I just ate! It have a relaxing effect, so if you're chillin' with a movie or just relaxing. Using snus after eating, priceless!

Amen! I like the more straight tobacco Snus after eating, which so far I found favor with is Ettan pouches. The other brands I save for in between.

I did like CatchDry Vanilla and Coffee with my coffee, though. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject:

sockwars wrote:
i ate for the first time with snus. it was only chocolate and it went down ok

You got Snus in your Chocolate... New Product: REESE'S SNUS CUPS. Laughing