Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

Diplomat loose

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Snus Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toren

Local time: 1:01 PM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Diplomat loose

This new "deluxe" snuff is described by the makers as "Loose snus with pure traditional tobacco flavour." As I like unflavored or very lightly flavored snus, I ordered a tin to try out.
WARNING! This snus is very heavily perfumed/flavored!! It was like snus soaked in some of my wife's perfume. I hated it, spit it out after only a few minutes, and threw away the tin. Now, some people will certainly appreciate this snus. But when Fiedler & Lundgren say it has a "pure traditional tobacco flavor" they are crazy. Kardus has such a flavor, Diplomat does not.
Sorry to make my first review so negative, but I wanted to make sure no other snus fans were fooled like me.
lwood

Local time: 4:01 PM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject:

good to know, but by perfumed, do you mean like flowery Göteborgs Rapé or what?
mh34444

Local time: 9:01 PM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject:

I didn't like the stuff either. Didn't like the flavor, didnt' like the texture. I don't know that I would compare the aroma to perfume, but I was pretty potent. I also tried the portions, flavor was the same (as expected) but the portions didn't make the experience anymore enjoyable.

However, I gave the remainder of my portions can to a guy at work and he loved the stuff. He's a regular Cope Snuff dipper and this was his first dip of snus, so who knows, maybe it's for a select group.
Toren

Local time: 1:01 PM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject:

lwood wrote:
good to know, but by perfumed, do you mean like flowery Göteborgs Rapé or what?

Actually, I rather like Goteborg's Rapé...at least as a change of pace from time to time! No, Diplomat can only be described as perfumey. It isn't just a bit of essence, it's overwhelming, like cheap aftershave or something. Maybe it's just me that dislikes the smell so intensely, but still, I would never ever dare to describe it as a "pure traditional tobacco flavor." That is blatantly false and I have no idea what the makers were thinking to describe it in that way.
mh34444

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject:

Göteborgs Rapé is good stuff! I loved it at first but it's now an occasional dip for me, nice change from the regular routine. It has an herbal taste to it, but not overwhelming.
Skinnydipper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject:

My favourite portion snus used to be Prince but F&L decided to discontinue it in order to make Diplomat.

Diplomat is not a patch on Prince, but one thing it has in common is the high salt content.

I'm now on General Smile
tobebryant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Just got a Diplomat in my hand, snused some of them and I dont think that it is too bad. Although i really dont like Rape becuase of the flavour.
Tastes are different, but over all my favorite remains Ettan. Ettan live long, thank you Mr. Ljungloefs!!!

Cheers guys,
Tobi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I got a can of Diplomat today along with my usual Grovsnus.

I tried the Diplomant and I really liked it. It was not as floral or overwhelming as I was expecting it to be form the comments posted here. But I dont think I will make a habit of it.
StarWing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Diplomat loose

Toren wrote:
This new "deluxe" snuff is described by the makers as "Loose snus with pure traditional tobacco flavour." As I like unflavored or very lightly flavored snus, I ordered a tin to try out.
WARNING! This snus is very heavily perfumed/flavored!! It was like snus soaked in some of my wife's perfume...

Sounds like Wise Original... stale perfume and outdated Saccahrin.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject:

tobebryant wrote:
Tastes are different, but over all my favorite remains Ettan. Ettan live long, thank you Mr. Ljungloefs!!!

Amen! Smile

My favorite time when using Ettan is after Lunch or Dinner.

As for myself, I found I like the White Portions better than the Dark ones or the Loose Stuff.