Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

Importing into the UK

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Import Snus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg

Local time: 11:19 PM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Importing into the UK

The importation of Snus into the UK is banned as it is in all EU countries. I have however to date successfully ordered and received three packages from buysnus (about 25 cans each time) without incurring duty or any other tax. I'm hoping this situation will continue. Obviously I'm not looking to sell on and just order for my own personal use. I have worked out that at current prices, buying Snus and importing for my own use is close to the price I would pay for smoking tobacco in Europe. Many UK residents get there cigarettes from mainland Europe to avoid local taxation. Smoking tobacco in the UK is very heavily taxed, about 8 euros for a packet of twenty cigarettes.

Best wishes,

Greg
moisty

Local time: 11:19 PM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Wow! You must do a lot of snus! One can of general loose lasts me a week, so that's about 2 quid a week for me! I used to spend double that in a day on cigs!!
That said, you do get twice as much loose for your money, just not as convenient I suppose!