Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

Snus vs Cigarettes

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Miscellaneous about Snus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drunken_marlboroman

Local time: 6:08 AM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Snus vs Cigarettes

Hello, I just thought i'd share my experiences with snus.

Living in Australia with no smokeless tobacco products left me very curious on how it all worked, one day i stumbled across buysnus.com and i discovered my new best friend Very Happy

I was smoking a packet of the strongest cigarettes each day and still to my amazement I got a headspin like nicotine rush from the first portion snus I ever tried, so then tried using without cigarettes whatsoever. I still felt like a cigarette sometimes, but having one wouldn't satisfy me as the snus was already filling the need, the rest was mostly in my head.

A year later I'm still using snus and haven't touched a cigarette since.. I never knew back then how horrible they smell and taste!

My favourite brands of portion snus are gustavus rough cut and also strongcut and occasionaly at home by myself I'll have some loose snus which will be general, grovsnus or kardus, I think the aroma and taste of kardus kind of smells like a nice fresh cigarette tobacco.

Something that i've found though is the withdrawals of having no snus is in no way shape or form the same as having no cigarettes.. It can be mildly uncomfortable, but no way near how smokes make you want to rip your hair out for one.

Do others have similar experiences? God bless Sweden! Very Happy
soneil

Local time: 8:08 PM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: snus vs cigs

am having same reactions to snusing. i am off cigs now for 7 months. my doctor is happy, and is inclined to say the snus if far less hazardous to me then cigarettes. i found i like lucky strike piortion orig. reminds me of my first lucky strike cig over 40 years ago. great tobacco flavor. am waiting for a shipment of granit portion, price is better, i will see. also for a change i will use probe whikey portion and bacco original portion, and rocker mint. Very Happy