Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

Why do you like your snus?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Miscellaneous about Snus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MortenGj

Local time: 11:19 PM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Why do you like your snus?

Hi
I just thought it might be interesting to see why people choose the snus they do. The reason of your choise, and what makes it different from the others?

I can start; I personally prefer Skruf and General (both portion)

Skruf: I love the effect and the taste. Skruf strong, probably the best portion you can get.
Cranberry is the only flavoured snus I've ever had that actually felt like real snus. The others I've tried (quite many) feels like you have some sort of candy under your lip =P

General: A classic, the taste...! I grew up with general and it has a special place in my heart.!

Reason why I choose protion: You don't have to bother with packing it, it don't show that much (practically - it looks more civilized).

-MortenGj
soneil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject: favorite snus

hi, my favorite is lucky strike portion, the pure taste of tobacco and that the lucky "toast" flavor, just like the luky cigs i started with over 40 years ago. secound is probe whiskey. nice after taste. thanks. tried the new bacco original, not bad.

Local time: 1:19 AM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject:

i use catch dry, mainly eucalyptus, but sometimes cassis menthol. down here in south africa i can only get catch dry portion and general white portion. i prefer the smaller and flavoured catch dry, hence my choice. i return to finland next summer and so will try more brands then (i cant be arsed to order online to here, plus stuff gets nicked ifrom the post here all the time)

blizzardbeast

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject:

I like Gotesborg Rape from what I've tried so far. It has a nice herbal flavor to it, not overwhelming, and I don't have to spit with it.
I have an order on it''s way of many different kinds, mainly loose, but a few portions where loose of the same flavor is not offered. Maybe i'll find one I like better in that. I'm still in the phase where I'm trying all the kinds to find one I like the best. But I do know I like snus better than snuff.
lofat

Local time: 3:19 PM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:41 am    Post subject:

For loose my favorite is Ettan & I like it good & cold. Ettan has a rich deep flavor that is hard to describe. The mouth feel is good, and the 'swedish style' tobacco flavor comes through nicely.

Second in loose would be Probe Whiskey. Deep, dark, and rich with a great balance of flavors. Originally bought hoping for a cope black clone, I was somewhat dissapointed, but came back to it once I lost my taste for US dip and loved it. This is my 'after work' snus.

On order is General loose, looking forward to this a great deal!

In the portions department my current Favorite is Goteborgs Rape' white portions. Love the balance of tobacco, peppery floral essences, and salt. Tis good. Smile A great work snus for me as the flavor on these puppies keeps coming.

I am expecting good things from the Rocker portions that I ordered... Planning to try General Wintergreen Portions soon.