Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

"coarse ground" = "long cut"?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Loose-weight Snus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eiresurg

Local time: 4:31 AM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:51 am    Post subject: "coarse ground" = "long cut"?

i'm really enjoying copenhagen long cut. used to be hooked on kodiak because i liked the long cut and moisture, but have switched to cope. i always liked the flavor of cope, but couldn't stand the fine cut of traditional cope. this new "long cut" they have is great. it packs well and stays put.

i was checking out some of the swedish snus brands at net and they mention "coarse ground". is this similar to the "long cut" of cope or is it more like the "snuff" style cope? can anyone recommend a swedish snus that has these similar "long cut" and moist physical qualities?
Dave***t

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:02 am    Post subject:

To my knowledge there is only one brand of snus available that is cut, rather than ground - Kardus. It's a bit more expensive than other brands, but IMO it's great stuff (I've just this minute stuck a pris of it under my lip, actually!).

I've not encountered the American brands you refer to, but I suspect that you won't find snus of the same cut - ground, whether fine or coarse, is still ground rather than cut. And even Kardus couldn't really be described as long cut.

But I hope that doesn't put you off!
blizzardbeast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject:

Simple answer: There is no snus similar to American long cut.

Long answer:

I've used snuff for a long time, specifically Cope fine cut, and most snus is similar in cut to this. But snus is a lot more moist than Cope, and therefore stays together better, and also is easier on the gums than Cope. Actually, it rolls between your fingers, quite unlike Cope, so it is very easy to pinch and hold in place, even in the upper lip. Go ahead and try some, you'll like it.