Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

Importing to Norway

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Import Snus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alvern

Local time: 11:58 PM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Importing to Norway

This is quite dificult, but I got one stock through the boarder - but then 5 cans were stopped!! And then I actually have to pay about 70 nkr per can in taxes.

Anyone know the rules?? I know that it's not allowed to import more than 5 cans, but what about the taxes - it shouldn't be that high??

Local time: 1:58 AM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Isn't it legal to buy snus in Norway..?
makondo

Local time: 12:58 AM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject:

it's legal but more expensive then in sweden. (can of portion general is more than 50 NOK).
cheers,
lukasz.
Craig de Tering

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject:

50 NOK??? Holy shit that's very expensive. Almost like buying beer at a bar! Laughing
kNut^

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: nORWAY

Its only allowed to take inn 5 cans of snus to norway in one packet. If you take more than that you will get a penalty, witch causes you to pay 70 NOK for each can.

So its a bad idea to import more than 5 cans:P

Cheap snus will soon be avaible online in Norway!

www.buysnus.no

Coming soon, special for Norwegian customers!
alvern

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject:

That can't be right Knut!!! Only 5 of my cans were stopped in the customs, and I still had to pay 70NKR per can.... it unbelievable!!!!!! Fucking Norwegian customs....Tollmur(couldn't find the english expression in my head for the moment)...

Billig snus på nett i norge???? Lovlig?????

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject:

alvern wrote:
That can't be right Knut!!! Only 5 of my cans were stopped in the customs, and I still had to pay 70NKR per can.... it unbelievable!!!!!! Fucking Norwegian customs....Tollmur(couldn't find the english expression in my head for the moment)...

Billig snus på nett i norge???? Lovlig?????

LOL! Maybe he'll be using a clandestine boat to cross the waters at night! Razz
Greg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Hi Alvern,

You are paying the price because Snus is available in Norway at a much higher price than in Sweden. You are getting caught out because of the loading Norway tax puts on the cost of the product. This supports my view that for me in the UK, making it legal for import and resale would up the price big time, hense my arguement that the longer Snus is a banned product for most countries in the EU, the better for the international consumer Wink

Best wishes,

Greg
kNut^

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:33 pm    Post subject: Sad but true

I Norway its not one law that totaly make sense! Very Happy

But the laws for importing are maybe the stupidest ones.
You actually can import 5 cans per packet, or per sending if you like.
But if you exceed those limits you will get punished. Its just as simple as that.
When you go to wacation you can bring one liter of sprite, if you take more you could just as well bought it i Norway because of the penalty you get.

Men ja lovlig, og billig snus i norge! Prisene er ikke helt bestemt men de vil garantert bli billigere enn å kjøpe de i butikken, ferskere og sikkrere enn å tulle med den Norske lov!
Vi vil også ha muligheten for å gi våre kunder "abonement" til en enda lavere pris pr boks.
Kommer tilbake med mer info når siden er oppe:)

kNut^

www.buysnus.no

alvern

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject:

I want in on that!! Smile

But, what you are saying - is that I can import 5 cans of snus to Norway without getting caught??? That's exactly what I did, and I got caught...

I just recieved a newsletter from Buysnus.com that they now will send only one package a day. So if you order 20 cans, they will be shipped in envelopes á 5 cans, 4 days in a row... That should make it easier to get it through the norwegian custom... Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Well...

Exclamation

Well i dont know. I know that 5 cans are allowed to be recived in one package. But the package maybe opned and checked, but i don`t think that you will get any penalty fot that. It is possible but everytime I have done it I have got a note on my package that it has been checked but no extra penalty.

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
But! If you import 50 cans sendt over 10 days. You will still get cought, thats because its illegal to import snus in that big cvantums in such a short time. If it were that easy to do no one would buy it in the stores:)

So my advise is to import 5 cans, then wait for a week and then get more.
The Norwegian buysnus are in contact with the norwegian customs to get a legal way to do this kinda import.
We will have more info on this at our site when its properly working Smile

www.buysnus.no

sockwars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:59 am    Post subject:

Is it more expensive to buy a new packet each week rather than having a large order posted over a range of days? ie. How does the postage cost work?