Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

Probe Whiskey

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Swedish Match
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alvern

Local time: 11:19 PM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Probe Whiskey

What do you think of this nice tasting snus?? I like it alot!!

Local time: 1:19 AM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:

I've never seen it, sounds like an interesting flavour! I guess tobacco goes well with liquor - cigars and drinks in the library.

mh34444

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:52 pm    Post subject:

I tried Probe Whiskey in the loose version. It's pretty good but I'm not a big fan of the flavored snus. It has a lot of true bourbon flavor and tastes much better than Cope Black. I haven't bought anymore of the stuff since I don't care for the flavored snus, but I enjoyed the experience when it came with my loose snus mix-pack.
Craig de Tering

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:07 pm    Post subject:

I thought the taste of Probe was a bit overwhelming to tell you the truth.
Kinda like stuffing yourself with yummy candy and then not being to even SEE a piece of candy for a year afterwards.
lofat

Local time: 3:19 PM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject:

I originally tried the Probe loose hoping it might be similar to Cope Black with the flavor profile and being described as a medium cut... It isn't like the cope at all, and for that reason I was not too thrilled with it compared to Ettan. When I ran out of Ettan I still had 4 cans of the Probe in the freezer, so I revisited it after being off US Dip for about a month and I really enjoyed it. It has become part of my regular stable of on hand snus.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject:

I like this brand from time to time. I can't do it all the time, since I really don't enjoy liquer all that often(usually drink beer), but it is pretty good for an occasional go. And BTW, this stuff is alot better than Cope Black, there is really no comparison between the two.
Michi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject:

I never tried it either but I'd really love to
alvern

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject:

I tend to crave for some flavour after using 4-5 cans of General on a row, so then I go for the more flavoured snus. Like Probe Whiskey, Ettan, Gøteborgs Rapé etc.

That gives a little bit variation to it, and makes it even better to go back to the General again!!

Just a tip from me..Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

alvern wrote:
I tend to crave for some flavour after using 4-5 cans of General on a row, so then I go for the more flavoured snus. Like Probe Whiskey, Ettan, Gøteborgs Rapé etc.

That gives a little bit variation to it, and makes it even better to go back to the General again!!

Just a tip from me..Smile

THat's exactly what I do! Very Happy
Dave***t

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject:

Craig de Tering wrote:
I thought the taste of Probe was a bit overwhelming to tell you the truth.
Kinda like stuffing yourself with yummy candy and then not being to even SEE a piece of candy for a year afterwards.

I have to agree. Often flavoured snus is at least reasonably subtle, but I really don't enjoy Probe Whiskey very much - it's too sweet, and doesn't actually taste much like whiskey to me.

I've also noticed that it isn't all that satisfying compared to other brands. So I'm wondering if the amount of sugar brings the pH value down and therefore you don't absorb as much nicotine?