Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

General Loose snus

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Snus Reviews
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lwood

Local time: 3:41 AM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject: General Loose snus

I have a soft spot for The General; it was the first snus I had ever tried and is still one of my favorites. It is also one of Swedish Match’s best selling products and one of the reigning Kings of snus in Sweden. I had previously been using American Moist Snuffs, before I first tried snus, I can assure those of you who have never tried Copenhagen or Skoal but are familiar with snus you ain’t missing much. The scorched lower lip, the upon reflection over-blown flavoring, and the gritty texture of American moist snuff compares to snus like a truck stop hooker does to a debutant.

General snus in its black can makes for an attractive product before you even open it giving it a great deal of presentation appeal when it is brought out in front of those who are uninitiated in the ways of snus, and a knowing nod from those that are. The tobacco while coarse compared to other brands, is soft and dark; the tobacco scent is there as well as a hint of lemon, which to an American user is quite a surprise when the can if first opened.

It forms well and the pris stays together so that it does not require constant tonguing to keep from having a black smile. General’s citrus flavor does come through immediately, and is firm but not overpowering, and long lasting.

For any first time or new user, I would highly recommend General, to use as a reference taste, for snus that is flavored beyond tobacco and salt. Since so many other brands use citrus as an added flavor, General Snus makes for a good benchmark for comparison and you could not really go wrong in letting the General take over your snusing needs.
sockwars

Local time: 10:41 AM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the review... I am using Catch Dry atm, but have been tempted to try General as it is in the same cabinet in the shops here.... Will give it a try!

mougoue

Local time: 8:41 AM

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject:

I am using General loos for araund 10 years now and I tried many diffrerent brandes of loos snus but General is still my 1 and top choice !!!
snusfreak

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject:

Yes General Lös is the best Snus ever! No snus have the same taste and flavour. I tried also other snus stuff, but forget the other kinds of snus.

Local time: 10:41 AM

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:07 am    Post subject:

I just bought General portion over the weekend and am happy with it. It's a nice taste, more 'heavy' than Catch which I have been using recently. I can only get Swedish Match here in South Africa unless I buy online, so I will have to stick to General. Not too bad in my opinion!

Michi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

I totally agree with Snusfreak. General Lös has the best flavour. I also tried many other snus brands but this realy is the best one.