Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

Snusing it up for maximum effect

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Portion-packed Snus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnyx

Local time: 11:39 PM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:33 am    Post subject: Snusing it up for maximum effect

Ok, after having finally decided to once and for all seriously quit smoking - no for real this time, I'm totally not joking, I mean it, I'll do it - I decided to pick up a tin of Skoal Bandits and had a jolly old time spitting into a cup and Livin' La Vida Redneck while my head swam in nicotine-induced bliss. However, after a while I realized all that spitting is nasty, and that Skoal stuff really tastes like ass. So I stumbled across the wonder that is Snus online and ordered some from BuySnus.com (from purchase to mailbox in the States, counting a weekend holiday: one week) and have been enjoying it ever since...

However, there's one problem: where's that wonderful brain-swimming buzz you get from American snuff? It takes a long time for me to feel anything if at all with these CatchDry minis. Is it just a matter of portion size? Am I doing something wrong? I have it under my upper lip, a bit left of center, and it feels good, but not great. Are there any techniques to ensuring a good quality Snus-induced headspin?

P.S. Is it pronounced SNOOS or SNUHS?
Craig de Tering

Local time: 6:39 AM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject:

SNOOS like that FLOOZ thing Whoopie Goldberg used to promote on TV.

First of all you're using portions, not loose, AND they're minis.
No wonder then. If all you want is a nicotine buzz then get a tin of Skruf Strongcut and do this:

...and stuff it in Very Happy Very Happy
Duckstabber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject:

I'd say SNUHS. Very Happy

Like Craig said, you should try loose snus instead. Or, if you insist on portion you should try Skruf Stark.
Greg

Local time: 4:39 AM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Hi Jonnyx,

I understand where you are coming from. Also being an ex-smoker I realise what your body is demanding. In my view, Snus will alleviate the nicotine withdrawal pangs much better than the available options from your health service, but certainly it'll not buzz you. It keeps ex-smokers straight and comfortable and nothing more. Actually for me that is good. No longer am I taking very damaging combusted products into my lungs. The effects of Snus may not be perfect but I realise it's much safer than smoke and certainly meets my ex-smoker niconine needs which the suppliments offered by the health service do not. However, it might be a stepping stone to work towards total nicotene withdrawal.

Think about when you were a regular smoker. A fag only gave you a buzz if you'd layed off for several hours. Our use of Snus is more gentle. As I said in another thread, its use just keeps us straight. For me, kicking smoking is a significant acheivement and if Snus helps me sort that, thats great to me and I think also for you.

Best wishes,

Greg
kb3edk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject:

I use portion packed snus a lot and for maximum effect I "double up" a lot... one pouch in the top, another in the bottom.

And yes I *do* get a buzz from snus, especially the first one during the day! Sure nothing compares to the first drag off a cigarette but snus is so much less damaging to your health, while at the same time being so much more discreet.
blizzardbeast

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject:

My God Craig, that is a huge pinch!!!

Anyway, I've never understood the great thing about a nicotine buzz. Probably why I never took up smoking. I've always used because I enjoy the flavor.
K-Fine

Local time: 10:39 PM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject:

You wanna know what that buzz is in American snuff? Good luck. There are probably hundreds of added chemicals to help induce rapid nicotine absorption. I have used all American snuff brands off and on for about ten years. They make me tired, my lip gets a patchy worn spot, my teeth hurt, my gums hurt, etc. Not snus. I just got turned on to snus haphardly one day surfing the net. I have had ZERO of the symptoms associated with American snuff. Oh yeah, I still get a nice buzz and the flavor is excellente (that's Spanish, not a misspell). Do a little research and you will find snus to be produced with high standards without the use of harmful chemicals. By the way, I have had several guys I work with, all Cope addicts, try snus. Every one of them keeps asking me for more. A couple have even ordered some.
sockwars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the link!
I like low nicotine, as a non-smoker too much makes me puke! Mini portions are fine for me Razz