Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

Tried Granit?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Fiedler & Lundgren
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbonehawk

Local time: 9:46 PM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Tried Granit?

So you all know, I have not, but I am wondering if anyone has since there haven't been any reviews of this bargain basement snus. I am very curious because I have tried, and really enjoy the pure tobacco taste (and lovely smell!) of both Knox and Kronan. I'm more partial to Knox, but I bought a roll of Kronan portion after trying the loose to have to use between classes (I teach Spanish at the university here, but don't use snus while teaching, you see...). It's all about the price - Kronan is cheaper than Knox in the portions, and I don't make what anyone might call a huge salary. This way, I don't feel guilty about throwing out a portion of expensive snus that I haven't had under my lip very long. I keep the nice stuff (loose Gotlandsnus) for using at home.

TBone
carotevi

Local time: 9:46 PM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject:

I tried a roll of Granit portion once. It was not too bad. It has been a while but I remember it as something like Grovsnus Portion. I remember liking it ok. I would say it's worth trying a can or two.
Craig de Tering

Local time: 11:46 PM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject:

I tried Granit loose.
Taste was OK. Not super-duper. Just not worth remembering I guess.
It does have a nice clean tobacco taste just a bit faint for my taste.
Small drawback is that it's a bit more difficult to form a pris as the tobacco doesn't clump well like most snuses. (I use my fingers, YMMV with an Icetool or Prismaster). Its cousin Metropol is even worse! Like trying to clump sawdust Laughing
But yeah, for the price, you might as well order a single can to try it and form your own opinion.