Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

the Snus-Ball Run
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Snus Shops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lwood

Local time: 4:45 PM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:45 pm    Post subject: the Snus-Ball Run

I have today placed an order with both fine establishments, within minutes of each other.
I did this just to see who will get their package to me first, a sort of Snus-ball Run, from Sweden to Alabama (US), no hold barred, race of champions! I have received verifications for both my orders and so Ladies and Gentlemen, the great race has begun!

I plan to update this thread as this race develops, I am sure it will be nip and tuck.
Very Happy
Craig de Tering

Local time: 11:45 PM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:38 pm    Post subject:

LOL!! This should be verrrry interesting... Very Happy
blizzardbeast

Local time: 9:45 PM

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject:

I'll be watching with interest.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject:

Laughing brilliant. Can you divulge from which shops you ordered?
sockwars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Laughing brilliant. Can you divulge from which shops you ordered?

(sorry for the double post, i get logged out randomly)

lwood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Sorry perhaps I should tell who our racers are; net and BuySnus. These two teams are currently neck and neck and have signaled that they are both shipped via first class post. Both are shipping identical sized orders but just to ad to the mayhem, I took advantage of BuySnus’s offer to surprise me with three cans of loose snus in addition to my usual order.
Will they be premium snus or “price-leader” snus, who knows? Will they be dried out, mold ridden cans of powdered monkey feces, Lord I hope not, but my experience has been when I used this option in the past, is that you get a mix of fresh snus that will include at least one premium can.
Therefore, you now know whom the competitors are in (finally) in the 2006 Snus-Ball Run.
sockwars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject:

I had guessed that it was between these two. I am looking forward to your results as I have yet to order online and these two seem like the 'only' options to buy snus on the web.

Keep keeping us up-to-date!

blizzardbeast

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject:

No, there are several other places to buy snus online, they just seem to be the most popular.
lwood

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:21 pm    Post subject:

I have so far seen neither hide nor hair of either of my orders, I was able to confirm my order from BuySnus, but net’s website will not let me check my order status with them beyond the e-mail they sent me. An email that happens to have a couple of codes on it to let me check my order status but so far no luck, I am not getting good vibes from that one.
Anyway, this is the period of time that I hate the most, waiting, while my snus supplies steadily dwindle down to nothing worth putting into your mouth, Hurry up there Postal person, Daddy needs his Snus.
tbonehawk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:02 pm    Post subject:

There's a way to check the status of your order with net. In the confirmation of order emil they sent you, there's a link to check the status of it, I think. I have since deleted mine, so I can't post the link, and I can't find it on their site, but I checked the status of my orders before. I had to enter my order number (from the same email) and my email addres, is I think.
Hang in there. They'll show up! I'm curious to see whose delivery shows up first. I'm expecting BuySnus, but we'll see....

TBone
phetish

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject:

here's the link for checking order status at net

http://net.web.surftown.dk/support/client_order.php

derek
bought but untasted: Mocca Mint, Catch Dry Licorice/Cassis Menthol, Metropol Lakritsrot, Revel
lofat

Local time: 1:45 PM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:41 pm    Post subject:

i ordered not long after you and I too, get the "No data available." message from that page...

hmmmm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject:

there seems to be a problem with the order update page at net. I saw on different forum that a couple people have placed orders and not been able to confirm them through the website.

however emails to net got a response with the shipping date of the order - so it sounds like there's just a glitch with the order tracking page.

derek
bought but untasted: Mocca Mint, Catch Dry Licorice/Cassis Menthol, Metropol Lakritsrot, Revel
sockwars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

blizzardbeast wrote:
No, there are several other places to buy snus online, they just seem to be the most popular.

That's what I meant Cool

lwood

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Saturday Morning, I walked out to my mailbox with hope in my heart and some truly vile dried out Bacco snus in my mouth. I had not seen the postal jeep that morning, but I had been at a Peewee football game, so that was not surprising. I opened the mailbox, and what did I see, there among about twenty political flyers and the usual bills were TWO packages. That’s right boys and girls, both packages arrived, a photo finish! Both contestants made it from Sweden to my sweet home Alabama in 9 days, from the time the orders were placed, yes I counted the day of order, even though the actual time I placed the order would have been after hours for the folks in Sweden, not spectacular but not too bad either.

I quickly stuffed both packages under my arm and went back to the house to inspect the goodies. I opened the net order first and found that all was correct, in good condition, and fresh, so they passed just fine, a legal finish. I then inspected my BuySnus order; I saved it for last because I left the decision for three of my cans to be up to them. What would it be, three cans of “bargain” snus, or some other combination of snus, I did order all loose by the way, so that does limit the choices somewhat. I consider this question important for all the folks out there who would like to try different brands of snus, at a discounted price. Well Imagine my surprise when I found that they chose for me, a can of Ettan, a can of Stark Strong, and a can of Knox , I had actually ordered the first two from Northern and I actually do like Knox so it is easy for me to say that I am quite pleased with the choices. All of BuySnus’s selections were very fresh and even though my can of Gottenborg Prima Fint was a tad crushed (which is OK with me since that is how I decide where to start) everything else was just fine.

So, though the finish was a tie, and both orders were correct and in good condition, I have to award style points to the folks at BuySnus for their choices of snus for me. That means at least for me, either company is a good choice for my snusing needs, and I will feel just fine about doing business with either company.

However, if you like surprises, at a discounted price, the “Mixed Snus” option at BuySnus is a winner.

Very Happy