Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

Loose or Portion
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Miscellaneous about Snus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Loose or portion?
Loose
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
Portion
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 27

sockwars

Local time: 1:39 AM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: Loose or Portion

Do you prefer loose or portion snus, and give a reason.

May Pen Ray

Local time: 11:39 PM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject:

I prefer loose even though it can be a bit messy, the portion do far from have the same effect as the loose. Also it is a lot better value for money!!!
Tipsy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject:

i used portion snus. but since i've tried loose i changed my opinion.

loose one has a better and stronger taste as portion thats the reason why i like it more.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Portion.

I am not in a anyway a seasoned user, but I like portion, it does exactly what I need. Loose gives more nicotin, but as has been said, it can be messy, and I like a clean in-and-out Smile

afka

Local time: 2:39 AM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject:

loose 4 sure...
1. portion snus just does not feel right for me, hard to explain (everyone has their own taste Idea)
2. more snus for same value of money
lwood

Local time: 6:39 PM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: loose or portioned

I actually enjoy both loose and portioned snus. I like loose when I am working in my office or am at home working outside or while enjoying most outdoor activities. Loose snus is great for meetings, public events and definitely air travel (even though smokeless tobacco is forbidden on airliners ), mainly because I don’t have to spit with portions, and incidentally, I don’t appear to be “hair-lipped” when I have a portion under my lip.
carotevi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject:

I use portion for a few reasons. It's just easier to handle. The portions allow me to keep up with and better control the amount that I use each day. It's easier for me to conceal the fact that i am using it. I don't have black specks all over my teeth.
Toren

Local time: 3:39 PM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject:

I started with portion because it seemed easier, but once I tried loose I preferred it...better effect and taste. But it is messy, no doubt! I only use loose at home. This way I can put it in and clean it out in the privacy of the bathroom.
Outside or travelling, I use portion snus (or sometimes Oliver Twist) because, as sockwars said, it gives a clean in-and-out.
tobebryant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: looooose

okay, hmm..
i dont know, i can definitely agree with a lot that s been said here, but i also have a different opinion to some of the postings:

1. It is not so messy if you have a pris master, then after 5 mins put a tissue under the snus and after you are done you can throw it without braking (only some brands brake) out. Messy? i dont think, just like a portioned!! Also u can have it longer in your mouth, cause the spit doesnt run down your mouth.
2. price value is great loose
3. portioned is i think (iknow it is strange) sometimes harder, because it has the perfect consistency, i felt it with skruf. (normally i prefer ettan or roeda
4. loose tastes better

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Definitely loose

I prefer loose, and when you get some practice it's not that messy. Plus that the taste, effect and the satisfying feeling it gives me makes it way better than portion in my opinion. But portion can be good if you don't have very good time and it's not as easy to spot that you are using snus than if u use loose. Good if you don't want people to see it, for example your parents or teachers at school. This is if your under age though, and as I am 15 years old it matters pretty much... Exclamation Exclamation
Craig de Tering

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Re: loose or portioned

I use both. About 75% loose and 25% portion.
lwood wrote:
(even though smokeless tobacco is forbidden on airliners )

WTF? WHY?
lwood

Local time: 6:39 PM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Why, you ask, probably because flight attendants don’t like picking up bottles full of brown spit.
In the US if you swallow, you are hard corps, most folks just spit into what ever is handy, and when one of these little plastic bottles of joy spills in the .0001 mm trash bags they use the trail the spit leaves down the center of the aisle would be a bit nasty.

Plus in the US all forms of tobacco consumption is just wrong and I think the airline folks get a kick out of watching smokers freak out during a 6 hour delay on the runway before your 45 minute flight.
Craig de Tering

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Oh so it's a hygiene issue then.
I thought maybe now airport security considered it a possible way of concealing plastic explosives!
Well then, good thing there's no need to spit with snus.
sockwars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:03 am    Post subject:

They wouldn't actually notice if you were using it on a plane. I'm gonna use it when I next fly back to Europe... 24 hours sitting on a plane is a perfect opportunity for some snus action.

What would be the punishment if you were caught? Confiscation?

carotevi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:34 pm    Post subject:

I fly within the US all the time and use snus. Of course with snus you do not spit. I used to be one of the smokers that freak out on the six hour flight. Now I watch the smokers freaking out from not smoking.

A lot of dippers just put the dip in their upper lip when they fly so they don't have to spit. I am told that pilots use cope under their upper lip when they are flying.