Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

Importing into Australia

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Import Snus
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kell

Local time: 7:53 AM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Importing into Australia

I can't tell you much about import regulations into Australia but I can tell you that I imported three rolls (2 x Ettan Portion and 1 x General Mini Portion) from www.buysnus.com into Australia and had no problems at all with customs. I wasn't charged any taxes by customs. The parcel didn't appear to have been opened. The package also arrived within two weeks of me placing an order. Couldn't have been happier with the process.
Craig de Tering

Local time: 1:53 AM

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Good for you.
Maybe I'm mistaken but I seem to remember having read on a dip forum that Australia banned all oral tobacco imports. Question
davidbrim

Local time: 9:53 AM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Australia

I live in Brisbane, and have been using buysnus.com for a year now. You can import up to 3 rolls of snus no problem. Anything over this amount, and you must then pay tax and will have to deal with Aussie customs...

Cool
Petersven

Local time: 11:53 PM

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject:

Hello,

I am form Melbourne Ausrtralia and have been a regular suns user now for about 2.5 years.

I have only even once hand a problem with importing snus. THis was one time whn I was desparrate and used UPS to deliver within 3 days. The package was held up by UPS who informed me that I had to pay a tax on it as it was a tobbacco product. I think on the 1 roll I had I was required to pay about 80 dollars Australian in tax and customs duties before they would deliver the snus to me.

The times I have used normal postal service there was never a problem, allthough my package had once been opened and one of the cans had been spilt inside the envelope. Annoying but no great loss.

The moral of this story - Dont use UPS to delover your snus to Australia.

The good news is that with snus I was easily able to give up smoking which was something I had long wanted to do.
Petersven

Local time: 11:53 PM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject:

I have discovered the hard way that since August new rule have been in place regarding tobacco imports into Australia

Customs CAN charge duty of $300 AUD per kilo of tobacco product imported into Australia for private use.

Today it cost me $234 AUD for 14 cans of snus. (This is about 140 euro)

The customs agent I spoke to while sympathetic told me that in future it would be a good idea to import no more than 5 cans at once as there is less chance that this will be noticed and may not be seen as worth chargind further duty on.

Order any more that a roll at a time and you might be asking for trouble.

Imagine 14 cans of snus with a total cost of 320 dollars. That’s 22 dollars a can. And to think the Norwegians complain about snus prices.