Snus Forum Forum Index
Snus Forum - All about Swedish Snus

buysnus.com vs. net
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Snus Forum Forum Index -> Snus Shops
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tbonehawk

Local time: 4:34 AM

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: buysnus.com vs. net

I have used both vendors. So far, I have been pleased with both. I should say that buysnus.com is faster on deliveries to Iowa. My first delivery from net got held up somehow. I used their customer inquiry page, and got a response the next day with an apology and the promise that a replacement order was on its way. My package (the original one) arrived 2 days later. I replied to them saying I had gotten it, but the second one arrived anyhow - and much faster than the original shipment. They did not reply to my second message, but I'm sure they weren't worried about it. I had only ordered 3 cans in the first place.
You can't beat the two cans for 1 SEK deal on buysnus.com, though. It was like $5 for two cans for the nominal shipping - and the delivery arrived lightning fast!
Has anyone gotten a hold of the Camel snus they are test marketing in the US?

TBone
phetish

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Camel Snus

yes - i have tried it. it's actually what got me started on snus in the first place Smile

I only tried the "Spice" flavor and really liked it. very strong cinnamon (nothing like the light flavors in swedish snus) and a strong nicotine kick. Nothing i have tried yet has touched the nicotine kick i got from the Camel snus.

i was only in Austin, TX for a couple days and haven't been able to go back and get any more. I'm living in Settle now, so i might be able to run down to Portland and pick some up.

I'm going to try the Revel flavors soon. i think they might be a little closer to the camel snus that i liked so much.

derek
tbonehawk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: strong kick

Thanks for the info, Phetish!
For strong kick, I recommend Skruf Stark Portion. Holy crap! It might not have the flavor you want, but should provide plenty of nicotine. I'd be curious to hear how it compares to Camel. Strong Cut Portion is strong, too, (hence the name...) but I feel it's weaker than Skruf.
Apparently you can order the Revel online at www.revel.com. If you buy from them, be sure to let us know about your experience!

TBone
phetish

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Hi Tbone -

i've tried the skruf tranbar (cranberry) and it was pretty OK. the flavor was decent, but not exactly what i was looking for. it went sour pretty quick too.

I'm one of those that like a strong flavor which is accompanied by a subtle tobacco flavor. kinda like the people that like a little coffee with their cream and sugar Smile

right now, i've got a couple tins of Mocca (mandarin, anise) that i'm really liking. I've enjoyed most of the catch dry tins that i've bought.

my problem is that i prefer portions, and I prefer dry snus. that tends to drive the nicotine content down to very low levels. i've gravitated toward dry snus mostly because i don't use it fast enough and the drier snus last longer.

i'll order some revel and let you know what i think. the last time i looked, they were giving free shipping on all orders, so that should keep the cost reasonable.

derek
student4ec1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject:

hi, my first delivery with buysnus.com realized succeful.
Next shopping soon Laughing No problem, fast delivery (within 5-7 days to Poland), I received exactly what ordered.

Rest In Peace
tbonehawk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: HOLY CRAP!!!

OK-
Buysnus.com officially rocks. My order was confirmed as leaving on Nov. 3 - last Friday. I get home today and there it was in my mailbox!!!
6 DAYS!!! This was not UPS or anything, just regular first class airmail. Awesome. This was not to the East coast, but to the Midwest (Iowa). Given, I guess we should tip our hats to Sweden Post and the USPS while we're at it since they held up their respective ends as well. A victory for teamwork, the vendor, and of course, the consumer. Well done, buysnus.com!

TBone
student4ec1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject:

yeah, you have right.....buysnus.com using Sverige Post to dispatch their goods, as standard to safe costs.
First of all package is not registered, so there is possibility that package could be missing - I don`t trust my domestic post Laughing not good experience with them Laughing ...but to point....you can also order registered dispatch, so if package will be missed you can claim this on post office but this is additional cost on level 12€......your choice...
By the way...I bought Mocca Mandarin and Onyx, this is great choice, next time I will order this kind again...

Rest In Peace
phetish

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject:

net has been having problems with their order update page for the last 3 or 4 weeks. i've ordered from them twice - once my order was delayed because something was out of stock, and the other time everything was in stock and shipped immediately.

i agree they need to fix that page, but they have been good about shipping stuff when it is in stock.

either way, ordering with net is a bit of a crap shoot since they won't tell you if something is in stock or not until after you've completed your order.

i can't remember if buysnus.com has "live" inventory on their website or not.

derek
bought but untasted: Mocca Mint, Catch Dry Licorice/Cassis Menthol, Metropol Lakritsrot, Revel
StarWing

Local time: 11:34 PM

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject:

mwood72 wrote:
BuySnus for sure - Ordered some Snus from net Tuesday and from Buysnus on Thursday and both packages arrived today (Saturday) !

That's pretty good Wink

Did you use Postal or UPS? What Country are you in?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject:

I too placed an order with net on 11/1. I even used UPS Express delivery (was only .50 cents more since my total order was $75, before shipping costs). Nothing at my door yet and I'm a little irritated. One would think they would at least send an email if the order was delayed due to something being out of stock, especially if someone is placing an order of $95 total!

I'll probably use Buyrsnus next time around to see if the service is better. I still think net is a pretty good business, but come on, a little customer courtesy would be nice. I sent my email inquiry to them on Friday, so I don't expect a reply until monday, we'll see. If my $2.50 Prismaster is holding up my order, I'll be livid!
mwood72

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject:

Maybe BuySnus is nearer the airport Smile
mh34444

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Well I got a reply, and my shipment, but I'm still a little ticked off. This will be a nice test of net's customer service value.

I sent them an email last friday asking about my order, I got my UPS confirmation on Monday and a reply from net on tuesday (so far so good). I came home on wednesday to find my package on my front porch, only problem was that they forgot to send half of my order.

My order total 23 cans, 1 prismaster. 13 individual cans (8 of a variety, 5 lucky strike) and 1 roll (10 cans) of lucky strike, and the prismaster. $75 of product, $20 ups express shipping. I received all 13 of my individual cans and the prismaster, but in place of my roll of lucky strike they sent me a single extra can of lucky strike! I even went to the site and replicated my order to make sure it wasn't an ordering error on my end.

The order sheet that came with the delivery only listed my individual cans, the prismaster but no roll of lucky strike -- so who knows why they gave me the 6th can of lucky strike. Nothing on the order sheet in regards to a backorder or anything, no email saying they ran out, nothing.

I emailed them yesterday morning explaining everything I just typed here. No reply yet. I'm being patient, and I'm not going to knock the company (yet). I am a little bit irriated though, especially since I placed the order on Nov.1 and didn't have it at my door until Nov.15. I'll let you guys know what that outcome is. If they come through and square up with me they'll keep my business and I'll give them some more praise in the forums. If they dont however, I'm taking my business elsewhere.
Craig de Tering

Local time: 6:34 AM

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject:

I dunno but here's a brain fart for what it's worth: maybe they were out of big enveloppes/packaging material and split your order in two and sent the second part another day?
That would explain the invoice only showing part of your order.
Sounds very far-fetched, I know but I'd give 'em the benefit of the doubt.
Haven't read on other forums that people didn't (eventually) get the whole shebang they ordered. Yet.
Toren

Local time: 8:34 PM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject:

I order everything I can from buysnus.com. Not only are they always much faster, I get a very friendly, "real person" feeling from them. Plus the regular sales, discounts, bonus goodies (I've gotten a great fishing cap and a nice snus bag from them for free) and the "6th roll concept" all add up to a great site.
However, for snus they don't carry, I have to go to net. I've had some of the same problems described above--once my order was delayed several weeks because they were out of ONE THING on the order! Very silly. And I've gotten the wrong thing several times, too--usually portion instead of los, or white portion instead of regular portion. BuySnus have never made such a mistake.
Plus, since my snus will inevitably spend several days out of refrigeration while shipping, I like that BuySnus only ships "fresh from the factory" snus. I think this helps get me a fresher product, in the end.
lofat

Local time: 8:34 PM

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:28 am    Post subject:

net is completely off my list now. this most recent experience has soured me from them for good.

too bad - a little communication could have saved them a customer and me a little aggravation.

Cheers -